Class Parents are very special in our school community. They act as a link between the teacher, families, Principal and the children of a particular class.
The role of the class parent is to:
- Welcome/ farewell class families
- Invite Parents to Class Masses/Paraliturgies, as well as other class functions
- Assist the teacher with classroom activities, excursions and other activities
- Arrange social functions for the class
- Maintain the Casserole Bank. The casserole Bank is used to help families in times of mini- crisis eg illness
At the beginning of each year, parents and carers volunteer to take on the role of Class Parent for their child’s class. Ideally we require three parents at each class level. Parents are urged to nominate and participate in this very worthwhile program.